Bat Anchor - Underwater
The Bat anchor is designed to achieve higher loads and also enhanced anchoring in soft cohesive soils. Its ability to accept the T-Loc lower termination allows flexibility with regard to on-site anchor system assembly. It also means it can accept a wide range of connections from tendons, polyester straps, rod and chain.
Installation requires more powerful hand held breakers and the appropriate hydraulic stressing equipment.
The table below should be read in conjunction with both the notes on the previous page and those below:-
- All anchors need to be fully installed to the recommended depth, loadlocked and individually proof tested.
- Care should be taken in selecting anchor materials to meet the service life requirements.
- The indicated range of holding capacities do not include any factors of safety (all ultimate loads).
- We strongly advise suitability trials in all conditions to best determine the correct anchor solution for your application.
- Bespoke anchor solutions can be provided by us given full soil information (eg. Borehole / Dynamic probe) if this is available and also the details of the proposed solution.
We have on a number of occasions been asked to provide anchors for situations where the ground conditions are not suitable for our percussion driven anchors.
Sinker drills can be attached to our hydraulic installation equipment to create the holes needed and the utilization of our stressing equipment to proof test the anchor points.
*The shells are designed to carry the ultimate capacity of the threadbar in competent material.